los sentimientos....

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

the reckoning...

Don't you find it annoying when you search for something and you don't find it. And I am not talking about anything deep like the meaning of life. Just something very trivial or very old, something you know you had, something you were once very proud of! Now its nowhere to be found. I do! Just recently I have been looking for a two page writeup I did around 6 years ago. It was pretty important for me at that time and as soon as it fulfilled its purpose, I think I stopped caring about it. Again I am not implying any hidden life lessons here, I am just referring to the lost document I once had!

Now I usually prize all my stupid written works. I keep everything that I write! This makes me think that I don't "really" keep everything I write. I would keep my written memoirs, introspection, my resume and all. Basically what I feel has some value to me or summarizes my values to others!! This lost document also started like any other, on a blank text document. It was also created electronically, reviewed in print and intangible media, edited back electronically and finally sent in print and softcopies. It went through the complete "life cycle of a document". This led to another self realization - I was dawned upon the power of information only after 2005! Else I would have kept a copy of this. This ties in parallel-y with my realization of "identity" as I made my final switch (and unification) to a single email address in 2006. I am sure I can find that document in my old email accounts. But alas! that is long gone, and so is the small 128 MB pen drive I use to carry in 2005 which would have served as a home to that document!

Its funny how at every stride of life, man (or humans) keep learning. From eating habits to studies to friendships, I have learned its importance at about the right time. The learning never ends! Likewise I learned the importance to unified identity and written works in 2005-2006 and as a follow up only in 2010 made a complete switch to the cloud!! I wish I wasn't disillusioned and uninformed back in 2005!!!!!


more later


*****Ankur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home