los sentimientos....

Sunday, March 13, 2011

140 Characters...


With the advent and outburst of social network, no one can deny that communication as well as expression has reached a new high. This is no longer limited to geeks and litrarians. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is now wired-in (actually wirelessly-in). Platforms like facebook ,twitter are bringing the expressions out from people and that too on-the-go! The smart handhelds and their seamless integration with the networking platforms enables the common-joe to articulate as and when a thought comes to them. And these expressions put in 140 characters (or less) is indeed an art.
For me when it comes to writing a blog, I usually have all my thoughts and observations organized before I start. I pen/type down my observations on a notepad of some sorts and then I start expanding! But since my foray into the world of 'micro-blogging' things have changed for me too. I am still observing and often making mental/actual notes of interesting things around. But the power of connectivity and networking offered by my powerful iPhone tempts me to tweet and update faccebook status as soon as I see/observe/think something interesting (or even mundane most of the times). Once done with this, I feel my obligation to the blog-o-sphere is complete and more often the idea as well as the possible deliberation that could have evolved in my at-length blog is lost. I am even blogging from my phone these days ergo explaining the small length of my posts( which is a relieve for some readers ).
I have been fascinated towards the are of writing. When I started blogging I used to feel so thrilled1 Web 2.0 was a great place to be. I still share the same adrenaline for the art but the web 2.5 (??) is making me lazy! With the increasing workload and my transition to the smarter devices as well as cloud is taking the whatever small "creative writer" one-tweet-at-a-time from me. This doesn't mean I despise the social networking media. It is unfortunately very hard now to get out and frankly I don't want either. Maybe I need to master the art of expression in 140 character of plaintext.
 
more later...
*****Ankur

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home