los sentimientos....

Monday, August 09, 2010

The pen and paper approach


As a part of my usual non-busy-sunday-evening routine, I spent a couple of hours in Barnes and Noble.This time instead of being at the fiction/comic/magazine section for most of the time, I was actually at the stationary and journals aisle for a good part. The notebooks/journals there attracted me. I usually carry a small notebook, which I like to call as my idea pad, with myself most of the places. I try to take small notes of the things I notice which might or might not be used for my writing. This make me think how much of pen and paper do we really use these days? Its really nice that the electronic paper (e-paper) concept is doing a lot in saving the trees and 'keeping earth green'. Call me old-school but I still feel that using pen-and-paper is the 'coolest' way to go for writers! It might be hypocritical of me as I myself rely so much on my handheld device for pretty much everything from taking notes, recording voice memos ,writing and even publishing. Yet my idea pad, more so often, plays a pretty significant role to whatever small amount of writing I do. Had my handwriting was better and I could 'understand' what I wrote (with the context) later, my idea pad would be a big success.
Its the things like the cursive black ink on the paper, off-hand diagrams, lots of arrows, the boxes I draw,the sound when I flip the paper and the eternity that lasts with every word I write (unless I trash it) are some of the many reasons I stick with the old fashioned way of collecting ideas. The idea of the idea pad came in from Jerry Sienfeld when he told that thats the way he does it!!

more later...


*****Ankur
Posted from my iPhone

Location:SW Greenburg Rd,Beaverton-Hillsboro,United States

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home