los sentimientos....

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The catch-and-release success...

Success is nothing more than the mere feeling of a much desired (and worked-out) achievement. Big or small, it doesn't really matters as its the stimulant for the moment, at that moment!! And here is a small, yet so stimulating story of my success!!


Its an half hour past my dinner and I am watching the amazing Tina Fey in '30 Rock'. Its really very hard to notice in the running frame, but my uncanny knack of getting out-of-focus draws my attention to a small can of soda kept at the backdrop. And all of a sudden - I want Coke. I look at my watch. 21:53 and the seconds counter increasing 22, 23, 24... The nearest target: wending machine at the laundry. The laundry auto-locks at 10 PM. Gotta make up my mind...Will I or won't I ?? lets see! All I need is a dollar and 25 cents. Lets search. I know I don't have that in my wallet (Damn the plastic money!!) I start looking on my table. The open box above the stack of Harry-Potters. I can easily spot 3 quarters. No big deal. Then there are like a zillion pennies. Amidst these, I see a small dime. Score!! Thats it - no more luck. The watch says 21:55 and 43,44,45... Next Room - Top of TV. I grab my phone and leave the room. Had I have more time, I would have vowed over my blood that I will not return to the room without a can of Coke Zero. Thanks a lot that there was no time for such stereotype crap!! Over the TV I can see a quarter and two dimes. Thats it!! Now the race is not only to the Shrine but also against the time (how poetic!!)


I get out of my apartment. Guess what. Its also drizzling!! No time to grab my sheeter. I take the stairs down. The drizzle is icey. The glow button on my watch indicates 21:58 and 6,7,8...I just run across the parking space towards the laundry door. At the door, it hits me – is it 10? Should I look at the watch or try the door? A little torque on the door knob and I shall know if it will open. And it does!! I run to the machine. The sound of the coins going in one after other - the machine dispensing the bottle - a small twist on the neck of the bottle - the low sound of the gas release – ohh thats a sweet harmony!! Who cares about the drizzle, about the show, about anything else! As the sugarless aerated drink runs down my throat I get a feeling – I have to write about this!!


*****Ankur

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home