los sentimientos....

Friday, September 24, 2010

I have spent a good part of the last two days in flight and airports. Other than my trip being a good and successful experience, the time I spent in the airport during the layovers and waits were nice too. I have heard and seen a lot people not liking the whole concept of reaching of airports early or waiting for their flights. I, for one, do not mind reaching early and waiting. To an extant I kind if enjoy the lone time at the airports. It gives me time and reason to call my friends whose calls I have been missing over time. Also the crowded seclusion gives me a lot of things to observe and notice. A couple of these make to my memory, a couple go my idea-pad and some to the blogs I write. Not to mention the wi-fi connectivity and my hoard of gadgets also keep me occupied. The duty free shops, books stores and the food court are also a couple of things that keep me mused.

My layover at the Denver airport for around 3 hours today was actually a good one. I was at the concourse B which is beautiful. Loads and loads of people with some of the amazing coffee shops (other than Starbucks ). The food court also was amazing yet I still managed to get the worst food from the lot (note to self: never ever try Thai-Mexican food again). Observing people around, as always, was the best part. There was this group of blond German teens who didn't knew a squat of English in my flight. I had a little conversation with them or atleast tried having one (helping them with directions to the bar!!). The waiting area at the gate had people divided not by color, not by race, not by language but by iPhone, Android and BlackBerry. Some old-school pros were reading books and some, like me, were fidgeting with tablets.

As soon as the boarding started I realized again that this time too my boarding zone was the last zone to be boarded. It struck me again for the zillionth time that I need to pour my thoughts out on the coincidence ( or profiling) that I always get the last boarding zone. The thought was as fleeting as the flights at the airport. Soon I boarded the flight only to find out that the (now drunk) Germans chicks were around me;). I was expecting some more material but sadly there wasn't any. The inflight video is showing some random episode of 24. Nothing else to ponder upon and having finished my ginger-ale, I decided to write this seemingly incoherent blog.

More later...

*****Ankur
Posted from my iPhone

Location:The layover...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home