los sentimientos....

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Story


I was getting ready for the office and as usual, even though I was not getting late, I was rushing thru it. My cell phone rang. While putting on my belt, I glanced at the phone over the table. it was a '+91-97-something' number. My mind, much like the google keyword search, raced and reach to conclusion that its a call from the Bombay area. Half sure that its my friend calling from her office, I picked up. I heard a very muffled 'hello' in a female voice. The feminine voice confirmed my guess and feeling smug (on my powerful deductive logic), i started my conversation without any pleasantries. A minute into the conversation, I realized that the muffled voice was still there. Cursing the AT&T network and the dead-spot at my appartment. I hung up saying that I will call back from a better coverage spot. I dialed back my friends cell number from my contacts. She picked up the phone and I started talking, continuing from where I left. After a moment, based on her puzzled reaction and laugh, I realized that it wasn't her that I was talking to earlier. As usual I got a small lecture on my lack of social skills. I hung up and looked at the number again. I had no idea who else it could be. I dialed back the number. I sweet and clear voice replied. I asked who she was and she says 'Hi I am Gauri and your father has asked me to talk to you regarding possible alliance for a matrimony?'

This was back in mid March 2010. A few months from now (December 2010) I am going to marry Ms Gauri. Its funny how people say all great couples have a good 'first-meeting-story'. I feel ours is not that bad either :) She still laughs at the very mention of it.She says 'Somehow the incident felt like a good, refreshing and a fun begining'
Amen

more later...


*****Ankur
Posted from my iPhone

Location:SW Greenburg Rd,Beaverton-Hillsboro,United States

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home