los sentimientos....

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Overdose

Well who doesn't likes a warm, heartfelt and emotionally overpowering story of rags-to-riches? Underdogs bouncing back! Miracles happening! Hard work paying off! That's definitely a time-proven formula for great books and movies. And to be fair, a well executed one is a treat to the eyes, ears, mind and heart. Success stories in real life are meant to be inspirational. They are the indicators of the society that good things still happen to genuine effort makers.

Recently I came across one such real life story. The 'bad' happened, the 'suffering' ensued, the realization and 'rise' started and the 'good' prevailed. Like clockwork, it was fairytale written all over it. As a consequence ( and expected) this was also followed by as an inspirational light to the others out there. What actually transpired was a series of "rising from the ashes" displays. The self hype, the 'I-can-do-anything' attitude, the incessant visions and missions to grandeur and off course the wide spread of these 'achievements' using the social network et al  makes me irritated. Vivid descriptions of the early days of moving out to nowadays of amazing luxury, endless conversations starting with 'I was down below when...' ,it's overwhelming! Will Smith pulled this off in 'Pursuit of Happyness' but let's face it this ain't no Will Smith!

It makes me feel sad that all this media and Oprah-istic behavior from this particular not-recent-anymore success , has shaken my genuine happiness for such stories. I just wish this stops so that I can start believing in 'yes I really can"

P.S. I have nothing against Oprah. I am more than convinced that she is a wonderful lady with a great cause.

More later
*****Ankur

- Posted from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home